WHO NEEDS AN “EMPLOYER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER”?
Dear Friends of Our Firm,
There are a few qualifications that determine if you need Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS:
- If you operate your business as a corporation or partnership.
- If you file reports for employment taxes, excise tax, or alcohol, tobacco and firearms.
- If you have one or more employees.
- If you have a self-employed retirement plan.
- If you operate as any of several other organizations.
Obtaining an EIN is very quick and simple. Go to www.irs.gov. Once there, use the search box and type in “EIN” online. You will be taken to the page that allows you to answer questions online and you will get your EIN upon validation of your answers. You will be able to download and print your confirmation notice.
Contact us at (303) 447-1626 to ensure that you are meeting all the record keeping requirements in these areas.